Answers: 19

Re: Server unavailable errors

Unread post by matt »

Yeah, something's happening. I'm on it.
matt

Unread post by matt »

Whatever it was, it was intermittent and seems to be over now. Might have been a backup or an update being performed. The logs didn't reflect anything recognizable. We've had a fair number of attempted spam registrations, so it might also have been a spike in malicious traffic/DDoS. Nothing appears to be wrong.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 25

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

On a possibly different note, every time I open the watercooler talk thread, I get these message across the top of the screen:
image.png
I am using firefox that is managed by IT, so it could be an internal problem, but I wanted to point it out in case it is related.

image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
matt

Unread post by matt »

DanPihlaja wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:37 am On a possibly different note, every time I open the watercooler talk thread, I get these message across the top of the screen:
image.png

I am using firefox that is managed by IT, so it could be an internal problem, but I wanted to point it out in case it is related.

image.png
Uhhhhh, are you opening from a saved page? There was a time when there was something different in the header, but that has been a while. The addin is even gone.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

matt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:02 pm Uhhhhh, are you opening from a saved page? There was a time when there was something different in the header, but that has been a while. The addin is even gone.
Happens in Chrome as well:
image.png
Not a saved page. I went there via Main Page......Kitty Dump....Watercooler Talk. I tried with an Incognito window as well, same message.

I've been seeing that message for a while, so it's not likely related to yesterday's hiccup.

Also, it looks like that plugin is still loading:
image.png
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

If I click on the main link for the "Watercooler Talk" I see the problems in the header.

If I click on the link for the latest page, the header looks normal.
image.png
I see the same behavior out of the "Jokes" thread.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/kinerity/bestanswer/event/main_listener.php on line 514: Undefined array key "poster_answers"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/kinerity/bestanswer/event/main_listener.php on line 514: Undefined array key "poster_answers"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
matt

Unread post by matt »

Frederick_Law wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:46 pm

Code: Select all

How long has this been going on?
Frederick_Law

Didn't notice the PHP Warning until I see the post here.
Followed SPerman's instruction to get it.

Yesterday was non-stop 404 and 500 errors. Refresh a few times and it'll go away.

You got "CrowdStriked"? LOL
matt

Unread post by matt »

SPerman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:43 pm If I click on the main link for the "Watercooler Talk" I see the problems in the header.

If I click on the link for the latest page, the header looks normal.

image.png

I see the same behavior out of the "Jokes" thread.
Ok, I didn't see the problem, but the watercooler was definitely slow. I disabled the Best Answer addin temporarily. Do you still get the error?
CarrieIves
Answers: 2

Unread post by CarrieIves »

This is what I got at the top of the "watercooler" post
image.png
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

matt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:26 pm Ok, I didn't see the problem, but the watercooler was definitely slow. I disabled the Best Answer addin temporarily. Do you still get the error?
Error is gone for me. Both the Watercooler and Jokes Topics.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 25

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

matt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:26 pm Ok, I didn't see the problem, but the watercooler was definitely slow. I disabled the Best Answer addin temporarily. Do you still get the error?
I do not see the error any more either.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
Frederick_Law

@matt
Getting the 500 then 404 error loop on reload on main page.
Reload enough times and it'll get in.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

First this
image.png
Then this
image.png
For me, it started about 3:15 EDT.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
matt

Unread post by matt »

SPerman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:56 pm First this
image.png

Then this

image.png

For me, it started about 3:15 EDT.
Yeah, everybody hold tight. I've got the hosting service working on this.
matt

Unread post by matt »

It appears that there was some very minor hacking damage. I was able to replace a couple of damaged files with back up data, and things appear to be back to normal. I'll try to reinstate the Best Answer add in, and see if that was the source or the victim. Just keep reporting any problems.