I Learned Something Today

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

I Learned Something Today

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

When I got to work this morning I had the weekly email SW Tip from Betty Baker. I've learned a number of things from those, and today was another one. Maybe everyone else knows this, but it was new to me.

1. You're creating a Boss-Extrude or Cut-Extrude.

2. You close the sketch, open the Property Manager.

3. You want the End Condition to be Up to Surface, but it's set to something else when the Property Manager opens.

4. You can double-click on the surface instead of changing the End Condition first, and then selecting the surface.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
DLZ_SWX_User
Answers: 0

Re: I Learned Something Today

Unread post by DLZ_SWX_User »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:17 am When I got to work this morning I had the weekly email SW Tip from Betty Baker. I've learned a number of things from those, and today was another one. Maybe everyone else knows this, but it was new to me.

1. You're creating a Boss-Extrude or Cut-Extrude.

2. You close the sketch, open the Property Manager.

3. You want the End Condition to be Up to Surface, but it's set to something else when the Property Manager opens.

4. You can double-click on the surface instead of changing the End Condition first, and then selecting the surface.
Thanks Glenn! That would come in handy at times! Now if I can remember to double click where I need to! And/or remember that it will work that way at all! :D
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Same is applicable for vertex option as well, just select the desired vertex without changing the end condition.

You can also RMB in the graphics area and select the desired end condition.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

gupta9665 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:13 pm Same is applicable for vertex option as well, just select the desired vertex without changing the end condition.

You can also RMB in the graphics area and select the desired end condition.
Thanks. I didn't know about clicking on a vertex.

I knew about right-clicking to get the drop-down at my cursor, but for situations like this I like double-clicking on the face or vertex.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"